Advancing Canadian innovation and sustainable solutions in the Caribbean
Virtual events – August 23-24, 2021
Join the Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade for a virtual trade event that will explore sustainable business opportunities in clean technology and green infrastructure in the Caribbean.
The Caribbean is rich in diversity, natural resources and shares a mutual interest with Canada in further developing their green and blue economies. Growing Canadian partnerships with members of the Caribbean Community allows Canadians to promote their businesses and for our nations to work together to build sustainable recoveries from the COVID-19 pandemic. The Caribbean is poised for a post COVID-19 economic recovery with opportunities for growth in green infrastructure, renewable energy, climate resilience, financial services, extractives, tourism and education.
This event is targeted towards Canadian small-and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the clean technology and green infrastructure sectors, and will focus on four Caribbean markets: Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, and Trinidad & Tobago. Companies outside of these sectors, but interested in exploring these markets, are encouraged to join.
- Explore priority sectors in the Caribbean and learn how to expand your international presence
- Take advantage of the low cost, low risk online format to explore new markets in the Caribbean
- Learn more about export services and funding programs available for Canadian entrepreneurs
- Discover the role that the clean technology and green infrastructure industries play in the Caribbean’s post COVID-19 economic recovery
- Hear from Canadian entrepreneurs who have experienced success expanding internationally into the Caribbean
Day 1 – Preparing to do business in the Caribbean
Time: August 23, 2021 (12:25-15:30 EDT)
Program (*topics are subject to change)
- Welcoming Remarks by the Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade
- Canadian Conversation – Minister Ng in conversation with Canadian High Commissioners to Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago
- Panel Discussion: Business Economic and Trade Recovery (BETR) – Tools in the Trade Tool Box– Presentations on the products and services available to Canadian companies preparing to export and looking to enter foreign markets
- Doing Business in the Caribbean: Canadian Corporate Success Stories – Canadian companies active in the region talk candidly about their experiences with growing their businesses in the Caribbean
Who can participate?
- Canadian companies from all sectors are welcome
- First time and experienced exporters
Day 2 – Overviews of market opportunities in Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago
Time: August 24, 2021 (09:00 – 12:30 EDT)
Program (topics are subject to change)
- Straight Talk – Market Opportunities in Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago
- Sector Session: Clean Technology Innovation – A discussion with Canadian and local companies, followed by a Q&A
- Sector Session: Green infrastructure – A discussion with Canadian and local companies, followed by a Q&A
- Doing Business in the Caribbean: A Discussion with Women Business Leaders – Minister Ng in conversation with Canadian and local women business leaders
Who can participate?
- Canadian export-ready small- and medium-sized enterprises (SME) with strong potential for the Caribbean market in the following sectors:
- Green infrastructure
- Clean technology
Register now by August 19, 2021 to participate in these free events!
Source: Advancing Canadian innovation and sustainable solutions in the Caribbean (tradecommissioner.gc.ca)